Week 1



    The first week of senior project was a success, and I couldn't have asked for a better start. The opportunity to work with the kids was both fun and rewarding. Throughout the week, I had the chance to get to know them better and build meaningful connections with them. One of the highlights of the week was learning how to run the pug mill.
Overall, this week was full of learning opportunities and laughter. It was a great way to start the senior project, and I am looking forward to the weeks ahead.
    The pug mill is a tool used to mix together used clay into new recycled usable clay. On Wednesday Ms. Pope showed me the basics of running the pug mill and mixing a new batch of clay. On Thursday and Friday I was able to practice what I was taught by mixing three batches of clay.
    Throughout the first week I've been able to become closer with the students. I've noticed that the youngest class and the oldest class both warmed up to me being around the fastest and the other two taking slightly longer. By thursday and Friday many students starting asking me for help with there wheel work and with glazing. I'm excited for another week working with the students.



Total: 27 hours and 5 minutes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First Day 5/8

Day 12 5/22

Day 8 5/17